"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
For what its worth, here's a collection of thoughts and links. Enjoy.
- The Game
- Sastra's eloquent chess game analogy.
Answers the question "Why should atheists place value on life if life itself is so transient?"
A must read.
- A Humanist's Prespective
- Another essay by Sastra explaining a humanist's view of September 11th and the reaction of those around us.
- Sastra's Humanism
- Sastra again eloquently explains what Humanism means in her eyes.
- Four Lights
- An excellent thesis about one man's outlook on our overly theistic world.
A must read.
- 20 Questions, 20 Answers
- Over the years, I've seen many lists of "questions evolutionists are afraid to answer". Well, I'm not afraid, so I took one and answered them. Enjoy.
- The Fallacy of the Fool
- The errors inherent in Psalm 14:1 "A fool has said in his heart, 'there is no god'".
Each page also includes a feedback button for reader responses to be posted with the articles.
- Issue 4.2
- More Tall Tales... Would we trust second hand stories written decades after the event by annoymous authors? Then why do you? (August 2001)
- Issue 4.1
- A little logic game... An interactive example of why god cannot make something moral nor is he required to tell us what is moral (August 2001)
- Issue 3.7
- Punishment that fits the crime... Lets post the ten commandments.. just make sure to post the punishments too (August 2000)
- Issue 3.6
- more to fear... Americans never cease to amaze me with their stupidity (February 2000)
- Issue 3.5
- Prayer: Does it work? (January 2000)
- Issue 3.4
- Why I would make a better god than god. With a convenient check list. (January 2000)
- Issue 3.3
- a little error. Tyre: a thriving modern port... much to Biblical inerrant's dismay (December 1999)
- Issue 3.2
- How legends grow. We accept tall tales in most places... but not in our religion... (October 1999)
- Issue 3.1
- What scares me at night, and Prayer in Schools, does it work? (October 1999)
- Issue 2.5
- The Empty Tomb issue! First Jesus'Empty Tomb, then Evidence that also demands a verdict: Vlad the Impaler's Empty Tomb. (July 1999)
- Issue 2.3
- Issue 2.4
- Holier than thou, are xtians more moral than atheists? (June 1999)
- Issue 2.3
- A Funny Quote I heard and the 1500 year question (January 1999).
- Issue 2.2
- Perfect Deity? and Apologetics(October 1998 again!)
- Issue 2.1
- Why so scared? (October 1998)
- Issue 1.7
- Moral Absolutism: Are the Commandments Moral Absolutes? (October 1997)
- Issue 1.6
- The banana trick, and Something for theists to think about. (August 1997)
- Issue 1.5
- It boils down to faith, The Wow! Factor, and Why not Faith?. (July 1997)
- Issue 1.4
- The Problem with Salvation and a Question of morals. (July 1997)
- Issue 1.3
- RFRA and you... (June 1997)
- Issue 1.2
- The Design Problem; Is there a problem?; Know god, know fear; Christians vs. Death. (April 1997)
- Issue 1.1
- My first collection of thoughts: On Goodness, My Quote, The 100% Problem, God and Hell, The Problem with Faith, The Missing Link, Random Thoughts, My beliefs. (April 1997)