A collection of my blog entries (at least the ones I remembered to add tags to)
If you want cutting edge and top page stories, go to Digg or Reddit. Lots of places to find those stories, here are a few that you may have missed plus some random thoughts about front page stories too.
- Five Year Plans
Welcome to the new software process, same as the old software process.
- Judge Rules Voting Machines ‘Unsecure, Unreliable and Grossly Outdated’ But State Can Use Them Anyway
Despite their grossly inadequate and unsafe machines, Georgia will get another election using them
- West Virginia Wastes Money Drug Testing Welfare Recipients
Same story from the GOP playbook...
- Holding Police Officers to Higher Standards
- TIL: WKRP Closing Lyrics Were All Gibberish
And here I thought I was just remembering them wrong...
- Scientist captures image of a single atom
- How Adam West Played a Prank Using His Local Phone Book
Wonderfully played prank...
- Going Secure
Finally getting around to installing an HTTPS certificate
- Rocket Ship X-4
Short Stories written in the style of 1950's future adventure pulp
- All the jokes from Airplane! Ranked
Someone actually went through the movie and rated every joke
- Animal Crossing Noir
A video series that recasts the bright world of Animal Crossing into a very dark place
- A Shit History of Dune
A funny video "overview" of the Dune story and backstory
- Will Stephen at TEDx New York
How to Sound Smart in your TED Talk
- Big (well, not really big, just a few this time) Link Roundup!
I have way too many tabs open and waiting so I really should share some of them
- A Couple of Political Links
Not much commentary by me, just links to a few interesting stories
- Corruption And Fiscal Incompetence: GOP Core Values : Part 2
Not to be outdone by Florida, Governor Snyder in Michigan shows how corruption and fiscal incompetence is done up North
- Corruption And Fiscal Incompetence : GOP Core Values
Corruption in the sunshine state reminds us how badly the GOP runs the place when they are in charge
- Louis CK Knows Things
BuzzFeed : 25 Times Louis C.K. Proved He Is Our Greatest Philosopher
- Why Do Christians Believe Murder is Wrong?
Is murder wrong because it’s inherently evil or only because God says it is?
- An HP Lovecraft quote
From "The Call of Cthulhu"
- No, Democrats are not too Liberal, they are too Conservative
People who claim Democrats are in denial and need to be Conservative, they are wrong.
- New Short Story - Shenzi and Her Tail
A new short story about how Shenzi lost her tail
- Religiosity vs Everything Bad
For almost every measure, the more religious a region is, the worse off the people are...
- Why do we even elect court clerks??
Elect people who make decisions. People who just do jobs should not get voted.
- Virginia Drops Bad Voting Machines - UPDATED
Virginia Finally Bans "Worst Voting Machines in America"
- Of Course The Kids Are Alright
80's Metalheads and Groupies turned out just fine...
- Supreme Vindication
No, I am not going to write something about the recent Supreme Court rulings
- Bad UX Design - Honda Fit
"Source" as an important button???
- Displacement Activity
Well, this explains a few things in my past...
- Buying a Car is a Hassle
The deliberately constructed adversarial relationship causes way more pain and trouble than it should
- Senator Blames Obama For GOP Destroying Obamacare - UPDATED
Blames six-million people potentially losing insurance subsidies on Obama, not on GOP efforts to cut subsidies
- Three Notes About Antonin Scalia
This scary person sits on our highest court...
- Bill Mahr Rails Against "Persecuted Christians"
You would think they were under 24/7 attack from all sides. Bill shows how weak their claim is.
- Religious Liberty Fans Silent As Pro-LGBTQ Pastor Jailed
Bet no one saw this coming...
- 27 Reasons Weird Al Is Bigger Than Ever
Weird Al is still going strong
- Medieval Land Fun-Time World
The Greatest Fake Trailer Yet
- More Writings
Added writings to the sidebar
- Raining Spiders
When flamethrowers are not enough
- Republicans Can't Afford Anything But War
The Got Our Priorities party...
- The Last Male Northern White Rhino
- America - The Libertarian Dystopia - UPDATE 25 May, 2015
From "E Pluribus Unum" (from many, one) to "I'm ok, fuck you"
- Republicans Kill Successful Birth-Control Program in Colorado
More punishment for sex
- No Sex-ed does not mean no sex... UPDATE
Chlamydia outbreaks hits nearly 10 percent of small Texas school in district with no sex-ed policy
- Forgotten Assholes of History
History lessons so we do not forget these assholes
- From the Way Back Machine - Life Just Is...
Digging into history
- More from the Way Back Machine - Gray Goat
Digging more into history
- How easily would the US military take Omaha beach today?
Fun Quora Question/Answer...
- Free Range Kids
Whatever happened to letting kids go outside...
- The Monkeys are Arming Themselves
Female Chimps Seen Making, Wielding Spears
- House passes laws allowing mega-donors to write off their bribes
Tax breaks for corruption
- "Think of The Children!!!"
One of GOP's favorite anguished cries (other than "Think of the Millionaires")
- Speaking of the Rich
The greatest trick the rich ever pulled was making us believe they pay all the taxes
- Electronic Voting Done By Idiots
"If Virginia Elections Weren't Hacked, It's Only Because No One Tried"
- A voice of sanity against the Wingnuts
At least someone in Texas is not an idiot
- Wingnut Wackos
Mid April update on right wing wingnuts and their wacky antics
- Security Theater - Metal Detectors at Sports Stadiums
Doing something for the sake of doing something, not for the sake of making places safer...
- Collection of links
Links I forwarded to myself to read later
- Giant Train that Fixes Train Tracks
Cool video of giant train that removes and replaces train tracks as it moves along
- Max Headroom
The Definitive Oral History of 1980s Digital Icon Max Headroom
- Archive Restored
Some old blog posts restored
- Mouse Guard Lego Display at Emerald City Comicon
Lego and Mouse Guard make a good combination
- Emoji Haiku
- A Brief Complaint About Bad Web Design
A topic I am all too familiar with
- Debunking the Myth of the Job Stealing Immigrant
Working to counter some of the GOP rhetoric
- Chemical Party
Funny video showing how some chemical bonds work
- A note on the quality of my writing
I use "quality" in a less than literal sense
- A Strong Welfare State makes America more Entrepreneurial
- Brilliant Star Wars animated space battle
beautifully animated in the style of 80's anime
- Friendly Neighborhood Atheists
A positive article about an atheist family from CNN
- Twitter integration
Added Twitter to the home page
- Integrating Disqus
Expanding the blog with Disqus
- Teach the Controversy
Just a funny image I was reminded of while perusing some Creationist posts
- The Tyranny of Ideas
Damn if I have not lost my creativity over the years
- Rambling about websites past
Just thinking back on how many times I have rebooted my website and how many variations on a theme I have gone through